Planet Au Pair
Planet Au Pair
Calle Teruel 41, Esc. 1, Bajo B
28020 Madrid, Spain
Tel.& WhatsApp: + 34 629 148 478
Office hours: by appointment only
AU PAIR IN THE USA!
Established in 1992
Under the Au Pair in the USA program, Au Pairs are welcomed into the homes of American Host Families as a family member for a 12 month cultural exchange under the J-1 visa. This is the only way to go to the USA as an au pair legally. Au pairs participate in cultural and educational activities designed to teach them about American life, and they assist with child care. Planet Au Pair is an official interviewer for the Au Pair 4 Me agency..
PROGRAM BENEFITSAu Pair 4 Me/Planet Au Pair offers a unique cultural exchange program for young, adventurous, and curious people from different countries. It gives you a great opportunity to experience American life while providing a legal, affordable alternative to traditional child care for American host families. The participants have a chance to experience the culture and diversity that the United States has to offer as well as to study, travel, and make new friends from all over the world. Throughout the year, while living with an American family and caring for their children, you will experience new adventures and English language will become a matter of course. Through this program, exchange visitors and host families take part in a mutually rewarding, unique, intercultural opportunity.Being an au pair can be your best and most exciting life experience. You can impact positively on the lives of your host family and children by sharing with them your knowledge, experience, culture, and your language. If you want to experience the adventure of your life and make your dreams come true, this program is for you!
• Earn a weekly stipend of $195.75 ($10,000 + a year!) as a Standard Au Pair, $146.81 as an EduCare Au Pair or $250 as a Plus Au Pair;
• Receive a free LAPTOP/TABLET from Au Pair 4 Me;
• Enjoy two weeks of paid vacation for travel in the U.S.;
• Receive an educational allowance up to $500 or $1000 to study in the U.S.;
• Extend your stay for an additional year and earn another $10,000+ a year.
Au Pair 4 Me guarantees you:
• Placement with a carefully screened host family;
• Round-trip airfare from your home country to the United States;
• Health insurance;
• Free private room and full board provided by your host family;
• Sponsorship of your J-1 au pair visa;
• Online courses and in-person training at Orientation and Training Program in Los Angeles;
• The opportunity to travel for 30 days at the end of your program;
• Full support from Au Pair 4 Me during your stay;
• Monthly contact with your Local Coordinator and monthly meetings with other au pairs in your area;
• Opportunity to extend for another 6,9 or 12 months.
IN RETURN YOU
Provide approximately 45 hours of quality childcare or childcare activities per week.
Commit to the 12 month program.
1. The Host Family will accept the Au Pair as a member of the family and not as an employee or boarder.
2. The Host Family will provide the Au Pair with a private room and full board, as well as a salary of at least $195.75 per week throughout his or her stay.
3. The Host Family understands that the primary function of the program is a cultural exchange. As a result, they will allow the Au Pair to attend classes and participate in cultural opportunities.
4. The Host Family will allow one and a half days free per week, usually the weekends, and one full weekend a month (Friday night until Monday morning).
· Standard Au Pair – an au pair provides up to 45 hours per week, no more than 10 hours a day and receives weekly salary of $195.75 and $500 educational contribution from their host family. Standard au pairs must attend at least six credit hours of classes at a US post-secondary institution. These au pairs have to provide at least 200 documented hours of childcare experience and complete the au pair training;
· EduCare – an au pair provides up to 30 hours per week, no more than 10 hours per day. EduCare au pairs receive $146.81 a week and up to $1,000 educational contribution from their host families. EduCare au pairs must complete 12 hours of academic credit during the program year. This program is recommended for families with school-aged children;
· Plus Au Pair- these au pairs provide up to 45 hours per week, no more than 10 hours per day. They are at least 20 years old and either have completed a full-time, two-year academic course in child care, hold a kindergarten or elementary school teaching degree or have two years full-time experience as a nanny, child care provider or nursery school teacher. They receive pocket money in the amount of $250 per week and $500 educational contribution.
An au pair can provide up to 45 hours a week of quality child care. Our au pairs support host families not only with childcare services but also with some light household tasks related to host family's children.
The au pair responsibilities may include:
changing diapers, entertaining and feeding babies, bathing and dressing children, preparing meals and snacks for children, helping to keep children’s rooms tidy, helping with homework, doing laundry, putting children to beds, taking children to parks, playgrounds and other activities, traveling with host family on vacations and providing care for their children, entertaining children and teaching them about your culture.
The au pair responsibilities are limited to child care and related duties. Au pairs should not be expected to perform tasks that are not related to children such as housecleaning, yard work or other types of work. However, as a family member, au pairs may be asked to help participate in duties that a typical family member would help with..
The au pair program is regulated by the U.S. Department of State and our agency makes sure that both au pairs and host families comply with the principles and rules of this program. To learn more about the Department of State regulations, go to: DOS regulations.
ALL AU PAIRS MUSTOur Au Pair candidates must meet the requirements set forth by the U.S. Department of State and Au Pair 4 Me:
- be between the ages of 18 and 26;
- be proficient in spoken English;
- be secondary school graduate, or equivalent;
- be in good health;
- pass a background investigation that includes verification of school, references, criminal record check and personality profile (psychometric test);
- be able to provide 3 non-family related references, of which some must be related to childcare (at least 200 documented hours of childcare experience);
- be personally interviewed, in English, by Au Pair 4 Me representative in their home country;
- complete a detailed application;
- have passion for childcare;
- be able to commit to a 12-month position.
If you meet all the requirements listed above, you are adventurous, curious, and interested in learning about new country and its culture, you love children and spending time with them, then this program is for you! Apply and become an au pair now!
Planet Au Pair has been an au pair agency since 1992 working with the United States, England, Ireland, Canada, France, Germany and Italy among many other countries.
We were formed with the purpose of facilitating opportunities for young people to visit and learn about different countries in order to better understand the peoples, and become familiar with the history and culture of each country as well as to improve their language proficiency.
Planet Au Pair - in conjunction with Au Pair 4 Me - offers the opportunity to experience the American culture with the safe and secure environment of an American Host Family.
The program strives to cultivate better intercultural awareness among participants and bring about a greater understanding among nations.
All Au Pair 4 Me au pairs have to complete a comprehensive and advanced training that consists of two different parts:
v Pre-departure Project and Online Training
All au pairs are required to complete their pre-departure project and online training before their arrival in the United States.
We prepare all our au pairs for their upcoming year, make sure they have all the knowledge, and skills needed to provide the best care to your children. They will also have to complete an online portion of child safety, child development training, and pass online assessments.
We also provide our au pairs with online driving course which includes up-to-date information and proven safety techniques to help them handle difficult driving situations. It will refresh their knowledge and improve their driving skills as well as prepare to be a driver in the United States.
v The Orientation and Training Program
All au pairs attend the Orientation and Training Program upon arrival in the United States that takes place in Los Angeles.
The materials related to child safety, caring for children, first aid, CPR and AED are provided by the American Red Cross. The program is taught by American Red Cross Instructors and professionals from both the education and health-care fields and all au pairs receive 2 Red Cross certificates valid for 2 years.
The staff at Au Pair 4 Me are always only a phone call away and are always available for counsel, assistance and continual support during the length of your stay. They are also available to mediate in the event of a dispute or disagreement between the Au Pair and the Host Family.
The program requires you to study while you are in the USA, the host family must allow time for this activity, be it English language classes or any other educational pursuit. $500 is earmarked for your studies.
Through the Planet Au Pair/Au Pair 4 Me Au Pair in the USA Program, every Au Pair is welcomed to the USA as a member of an American family. The relationship that develops between the Au Pair and the Host Family is one that lasts a lifetime. Au Pairs can explore the exciting culture of the USA while enjoying the warmth and security of a stable, secure family life.
HOST FAMILY SCREENING
Host Families accepted by Planet Au Pair/Au Pair 4 Me are thoroughly screened to ensure a safe, comfortable home for every Au Pair. Each prospective Host Family must submit a lengthy application, undergo an in-depth interview, provide solid character references, and sign a written statement agreeing to abide by the program’s guidelines.
Unlike most other programs, Planet Au Pair/Au Pair 4 Me permits each Au Pair to choose the family that they will be placed with; and, permits the family to choose which au pair they want. After speaking with one another, the Host Family and the Au Pair decide together whether or not they are well suited for each other. We just make it easier for both parties. Planet Au Pair/Au Pair 4 Me will refer Au Pairs to families; and, vice versa, who have similar interests and backgrounds, but the final decision is always up to the Au Pair and the Host Family.
In the unlikely event that the Au Pair is dissatisfied with the family; or, if the family is dissatisfied with the au pair, Au Pair 4 Me will help in attempting to resolve any problems. If the problems are not solvable, the Au Pair will be placed with another Host Family, provided the Au Pair has followed the program’s guidelines.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NANNY AND AN AU PAIR?
Proper nannies have been to a nanny school and usually work for a family under a work contract for an extended period of time. Au pairs are young people who want to travel for a shorter time, learn a new language, culture and share their own language and culture with their host family. In short, a nanny position is a job and an au pair position is a cultural exchange.
No program fee for our au pair candidates
No other hidden fees
No extension fees or insurance costs
The only costs: visa application fee, international driver's license and criminal background check
Health insurance: You will be provided extended health insurance for your entire stay in the USA.
Transportation: Upon your match being confirmed, your air fare will be provided for you.
Applying for the au pair program is very easy and includes the following steps:
1. Complete the application form on Planet Au Pair website and talk to our representatives to make sure you are eligible for the au pair program.
Sign up now!
2. Complete our au pair application and provide Planet Au Pair with the following information:
• Personal information
• Family background
• Driving experience
• Education and employment history
• Interests and skills
• General health status
• Lifestyle and the reason why they wish to become an au pair
• Detailed childcare history, experience and skills
In addition, all candidates need to provide:
• At least two child care references verified by Planet Au Pair
• One character reference verified by Planet Au Pair
• Medical report verified by the au pair's physician
• Evidence the au pair has successfully passed the criminal background check
• An essay to the host family describing your personality, lifestyle, child care experience, etc.
• Photographs showing them with the children they took care of, friends, family
• Documentation of completion of secondary education (or equivalent)
3. After the information portion is completed, all candidates are personally interviewed, in English, by the Planet Au Pair. They are also required to complete and pass our psychometric test, designed to assess the candidate's suitability for the au pair program.
4. Once the application is approved, you will have access to your online profile and your application will be viewable by host families. Au Pair 4 Me will start searching for the host family that is a perfect match for you. If you and the host family decide to accept each other, you can start preparing for your departure.
5. After matching with the host family, we will send you all documents needed for your visa process. Your job is to apply for visa in your home country and attend the interview at the embassy. You will receive all program materials and the first part of your training program.
6. After receiving the visa, we will send you a plane ticket and all information regarding your travel.
7. Welcome to the USA! Begin your adventure at the Orientation and Training Program in Los Angeles. Once you complete your training you will go to your host family.
APPLICATION FOR AN INTERVIEW FORM
To apply to be an au-pair in the USA with Planet Au Pair, print out and fill in the application form on this page . Then email the completed and signed form to us and we will contact you for an interview. Or just call us.
Copyright © 1997-2018
International Educational Services
All rights reserved.